The long awaited Ubuntu 8.10 has been released! I’m upgrading it from my Hardy 8.04 to this new version Intrepid Ibex, 8.10, as I’m writing this post. I’m using the Network Upgrade for Ubuntu Desktops. The method is fairly easy, provided by the Ubuntu website.
1. Start System/Administration/Software Sources.
2. Click on the “Updates” tab and change “Show new distribution release” to “Normal releases”.
3. Start System/Administration/Update Manager.
4. Click the Check button to check for new updates.
5. If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
6. A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
7. Click Upgrade.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
I will give a simple review about the new Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex, 8.10 when I’m done upgrading it on my machine. Looking good so far 🙂
I’m addicted to my rss feeds. I go over the feeds for tech news, current affairs, friends blogs, and many more. However, I don’t want to go to www.google.com/reader each time want to find out what’s new. This is where desktop applications that provides Google Reader notifications comes in.
Eid ul-Fitr or Id-ul-Fitr (Arabic: عيد الفطر ‘Īdu l-Fiṭr), often abbreviated to Eid, is a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Eid is an Arabic word meaning “festivity”, while Fiṭr means “to break the fast” (and can also mean “nature”, from the word “fitrah”); and so the holiday symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period. It is celebrated starting on the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal.
To fellow families, friends, relatives, colleagues, ex-colleagues, neighbors, bloggers, etc, and basically everybody who dropped by on Saturday, thanks a million! Pics courtesy of azlan.anilezfa.com
FSlint is a utility to find and clean various forms of unwanted/junk/lint files on your Ubuntu filesystem. For example, one form of unwanted files it finds is duplicate files, bad names, temporary files, files with bad symlinks, empty directory, and others.
To install: sudo apt-get install fslint
If you want to open goto Applications—>System Tools—>FSlint